Montenegro one-day hiking tours
hike to Lovcen in Montenegro
The best way to feel the true spirit and rich tradition of Montenegro is by visiting the National Park Lovcen. The beautiful nature will leave you breathless, and many historical monuments and houses built in local stone will bring you back in Montenegro’s past times. Caused by the influence of Mediterranean and continental climate, Lovcen is extremely rich with animal and floral world. A must visit place!
The trail that we would recommend:
Njegusi village – Jezerski peak – Mausoleum –Njegusi
- Length: 17 km,
- Difficulty: Moderate,
- Duration: 8 hours,
- Total vertical climb: 970 m
* If you fancy shorter or longer trails we’ll certainly find the best one that matches your requirements!
We will pick you up at your accommodation and then we drive toward Njegusi, the birthplace of great Njegos. Ideally, hiking starts at 8.30 am. We will make a few stops along the trail to enjoy the beautiful landscape, rest and have a snack.
At the Jezerski peak, we will visit the Mausoleum and Njegos’s grave. After we took a rest and enjoyed breathtaking 360 degrees sight we start walking back, creating a loop and closing it at the starting point, Njegusi. Tired but with a smile on our faces, we’ll go for well-deserved dinner at a restaurant that serves local specialties. After the sumptuous dinner, we will take you back to your accommodation.
Transfer to the point where hiking starts and back; local guide willing to share with you his knowledge about the place; dinner; National park entrance fee; Ticket for Mausoleum.
What to bring:
Footwear such as joggers or hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, wind jacket, hat, sunscreen, snack, water.
Max number of people:
- Tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
- Guests that are less than 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- We recommend you to have Travel medical insurance valid in our country during your stay. In case you do not have it, contact us so we can assist you regarding this issue.